First short-term joint staff training event
16-17-18 December 2019 – Partners learn from each other different methodologies and approaches and have opportunities to debate and share ideas about the different issues. In Liège the course, also open to local participants, consists in theoretical explanation and practical demonstration of embedding Information Literacy in technical and scientific university courses.
The University of Liège guides the training informing about IL methodology both from educational and from technical point of views, and share information about successful examples of IL courses in scientific sectors.
Moreover, the IL framework of the University of Liège (Référentiel cinq piliers de la maîtrise del’information scientifique/five pillars of IL) is presented to the group. Participants are invited to debate about the teaching of IL connected with other subjects, starting from how these paradigms are used in University of Liège higher education system. Among many interesting topics (related slides are available below), the Belgian team organizes also a workshop about the use of Zotero.
- Presentation of ULiège Library (F. Paquot)
- Presentation of the supervision provided by the Development and Research Administration (ARD) and its training programs in which the Library is involved (T. Dupont)
- LateX and BibTeX (Fabienne Prosmans)
- The basics of Open Access organization (Dominique Chalono)
- A concrete example of a training course Legal aspects of scientific publishing in connection with Open Access (Laurence Thys)
- Academic literature, challenges and methodologies (Bernard Pochet)
- The 5PMIS framework (Nancy Durieux and Bernard Pochet)
- Panorama of existing curricula at the international level (O. Russo)
Have a look to some pictures of the event here.